WALHT keep safe in an earthquake
Last week when Rachel was in Christchurch there was a BIG earthquake, it was exciting and scary. Good thing Rachel knew what to do to make sure she was safe.
We had a look at the Quake House on the Earthquake Commission house. You can see the effects of different sized earthquakes
- The dining table was very strong and did not get damaged
- The bookcase, hot water cylinder and TV were not secured and fell over - these were very dangerous and NOT a good place to shelter from an earthquake
- The big earthquake caused a lot of damage - the chimney fell over and huge cracked appeared in the walls.
Check out the Quake House yourself and make an earthquake happen!